These are some recommendations to follow after an extraction:
- Until the anaesthesia has worn off, ensure that you eat and drink carefully, avoiding the area of the extraction. Do not drink or eat anything very hot.
- Slight bleeding for a while is quite normal. However try not to rinse or spit out vigorously as this will increase the bleeding.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and very hot drinks for 12 hours.
- Avoid sport or strenuous exercise for 24 hours as this can encourage bleeding.
- After the first 24 hours, rinse the area with warm salty water.
- Take painkillers if necessary.